Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy visited Catalonia on Sunday, a day after a huge pro-independence march, as the region prepares for an election next month.
The visit comes after concerns were raised over Russian involvement in the Catalan crisis. Íñigo Méndez de Vigo and Defense Minister María Dolores de Cospedal confirmed that Russian and Venezuelan hackers have been detected on social media.
In Depth: Catalonian Independence Referendum 2017
- PSOE say no plans for snap election, and maintain Catalan funding restrictions
- Rajoy warns Torra that autonomy will only be granted if Catalan government stay within the law
- Catalan President-elect calls for dialogue between Barcelona and Madrid, as Government presents united response
- Catalonia elects Quim Torra as regional president, after seven months of stalemate
- First investiture vote for Catalan presidential nominee fails to gain majority
- Constitutional Court suspends Catalan law to allow investiture of Puigdemont
- Government set to appeal Catalan proposals over investiture vote
- Catalan politicians appear at high court ahead of rebellion trials to lodge complaints
- Hbundreds of thousands protest calling for release of separatist leaders
- Investiture debate stalled after Catalan nominee denied bail as Speaker threatens legal challenge
In a statement on Friday, they announced that they would be dealing with the issue at the next European Union Foreign Affairs Council meeting, which will take place today.
Hackers are believed to have posted a series of fake news stories in connection with the political crisis.
More from Catalonia Political Crisis
Meanwhile the PSOE leadership also announced that they do not intend to call a snap general election before the next …
Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has issued a warning to the regional government in Catalonia, that the region's leadership must obey …
Catalan President-elect calls for dialogue between Barcelona and Madrid, as Government presents united response
The president-elect of the Generalitat of Catalonia, Quim Torra , has announced that he intends to request a meeting with …